2018-2019 THS PTSA Elected EXECUTIVE BOARD
2018-2019 PTSA Volunteer Interest Form
CLICK FOR DETAILS
With nearly six million members, PTA is the largest volunteer parent organization in the United States. Since its founding in 1897, PTA has prided itself on being a powerful voice for children, a relevant resource for parents, and a strong advocate for public education.
The Purposes of the Parent Teacher Student Association is:
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Membership in PTA is open to anyone who is concerned with the education, health, and welfare of children and youth. Benefits of being a part of a national organization include the following (courtesy of our National PTA:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
Please lend us your voice and join today by visiting our Membership Page. Want to volunteer? Please visit our Volunteer Page and sign up for an opportunity to serve our school community! Want to support our many school programs? Learn how by visiting our Support our PTSA page.